Cardiac Cath Lab Tech
500 Harvard St. SE Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Cardio Cath Lab Tech in Minneapolis, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Elizabeth "Izzy" Merrill at email@example.com and call her at 952-303-8123. Thanks!
Demonstrates ability to safely and accurately operate equipment:
- Operate monitor/recording equipment in all cardiac cath lab procedures.
- Able to electrically and mechanically balance and calibrate pressure transducers and amplifiers in all rooms.
- Troubleshoots and corrects ECG tracing problems
- Operates tableside C-arm controls
- Insures all POC testing equipment is maintained according to established standards
- Applies prescribed three major principals of radiation safety at all times
- Collects, assesses and maintains patient data
- Enters patient demographics into both monitoring and x-ray equipment
- Records all patient and monitor data on event log according to established guidelines.
- Archives procedure to CD-Rom
- Enters all data into computer system for accurate billing and patient procedure history
- Reduces all right and left heart data to basic form for physician interpretation and reporting.
- Assesses and documents pulses distal to catheter insertion site pre and post surgical
- Recognizes rhythms and sudden hemodynamic changes.
- Assists invasive cardiologist with all invasive coronary procedures.
- Ability to scrub in all procedures in diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab and EP
- Proficient in patient preparation and sterile tray set up.
- Assists the cardiologist with required catheter and wire manipulation while maintaining the required sterile technique.
- Assists with device placement in the lab, including sterile table set up and assisting the physician with procedure.
- With use of computer, draw and calculate LV grams to include ejection fraction and stroke volume.
Minimum Level of Experience
- Current CPR
- ACLS (within 1 year)
- 1-3 Years CVT experience
Minimum Level of Education
- Vocational training or Associates degree as Cardiovascular/Electrophysiology Technician or Radiology Technologist
- RCIS or RCES
Voca: The Spirit of Work