Call Center Representative
1515 SW 5th Ave #900 Portland, Oregon 97201
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Call Center Representative in Portland, OR! If you are interested please forward an updated resume to Elizabeth "Izzy" Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org and call directly at 952-303-8123.
The mission of the Information Technology Group (ITG) is to develop, implement and maintain technology-based services and solutions enabling us to effectively manage information to accomplish its missions.
The Call Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The call center responds to over 8,000 incoming calls and places nearly 1,000 outgoing calls a day for the diverse staff and employees campus wide, as well as for off-campus health professionals, institutions, patients and the general public. Representative deal with a wide variety of callers. It is imperative that the Representative properly screen vague or incomplete requests so that the call may be connected to the appropriate area. The Representative is generally the first impression of the company made on the general public therefore this position requires a high level of professionalism and customer service. Call Center Representatives will be accurate and detailed communicators, highly service oriented and able to excel under pressure. These individuals must be able to multi-task, anticipate customer needs and thrive in a very fast paced, high-volume environment. Representative will be expected to perform at a professional business level at all times and will deal with a variety of emergency situations on the telephone. They will deal with various staff, faculty, physicians, patients and the general public.
Incoming calls are processed utilizing a sophisticated CTI system. Currently the Telecommunications switching equipment has a capacity of 18,000 lines, encompassing two prefixes, with five-digit dialing, networked for a total capacity of 40,000 lines, additionally the University maintains its own private paging transmission systems. The Call Center Representative utilizes these systems in providing quality communication services to the community & its patrons.
The Incumbent will observe due care, objectivity and respect for confidentiality. All employees must keep confidential what they hear and what they see when handling, reviewing, or observing: communications and records thereof (calls, email, pages, fax, etc.), data transmission, databases, or other forms of information
Confidentiality extends to the identities of the parties of the communications, and even to the fact that the communication took place. When sharing information, consider whether the recipient has a true “business need to know.”
ITG employees are responsible for the security of the technology. In exercising their duties, ITG employees must follow security directives, incorporating security measures in the delivery of their everyday tasks, and are required to report security concerns to the ITG Security Engineering team.
- Call Processing (answering, screening, routing, paging etc.) in a timely manner- Efficiently, politely, professionally answer a high volume of incoming calls from on and off campus.- Routing calls to appropriate conclusion (clinic, department, hospital, doctor, administration or research areas) by connecting, paging or supplying number - Provide information to callers, including directions, addresses and hours of operation- Use schedules and departmental procedures to locate appropriate on-call person for internal and external callers- Dispatch of clinical services/notification to users for pneumatic tube failures.
- Maintain, with the highest degree of accuracy the database for, on-call schedules, directory information (individual & departmental), paging profiles. - Change/check status/referal of pagers including forwarding calls from one pager to another and blocking pagers for vacations, in-surgery, unavailable, etc. - Research and update incorrect departmental, clinic, on-call or individual entries on the directory and paging systems - Maintain directory system with rotating resident and intern specialties.
- Use tools and applications to perform services to the community & its customers, i.e. confirmation calls, marketing campaign registrations/information, general information requests in regard to studies, services, clinics, programs.
- Answering, coordination and communication of numerous emergency procedures- Code 99 (cardiac arrest team) - VA Adult Code transfer team- Notification of Code Red (fire) - Organ donor contact of on-call surgical staff and recipient patient notification.
- Miscellaneous duties - Provide requested wake-up service for on-duty personnel in sleep rooms - Maintaining adequate supplies for call center stations - Activation and deactivation of patient telephones (i.e., 10 pm every night all patient phones are restricted from receiving incoming calls; individual restrictions in response to nursing unit) - Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Lead
- Representative or department management.
- Continued Professional Development
- Participate in appropriate activities that enhance general knowledge of or ability to do assigned work. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: attend classes, seminars, and other training forums; attend staff meetings and other informational sessions; read vendor documentation, trade publications, or other sources appropriate to position; interact with peers and other employees to receive and disseminate information.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS
- Call Center Hours : 24/Hours a Day & 7 Days / Week & 365 Days / Year
- Schedule will vary
- 8-Hour Shifts
- $14.50 - $15.45/ Hour
- 3-Month Contract / Potential for Full Time Employment Conversion
- Knowledge of the English Language sufficient for telephone communication
- Experience in a mass call processing center, preferably in a medical or hospital setting
- Heavy volume, multi-phone use/environment
- MUST have ONE (1) of the following:
- One (1) year experience in a mass call processing center, preferably in a medical or hospital setting -OR-
- Two (2) years of heavy volume, multi-phone use/environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages