CDI Specialist I
200 1st St SW Rochester, Minnesota 55902
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Remote CDI Specialist I! If you are interested, please forward an updated resume to Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org and call directly at 952-303-8123.
- The Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Specialist is accountable for reviewing patient medical records in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting to capture accurate representation of the severity of illness and facilitate proper coding.
- The CDI Specialist validates that coding reflects medical necessity of services and facilitates appropriate coding which provides an accurate reflection and reporting of the severity of the patient's illness along with expected risk of mortality and complexity of care.
- Documentation of discharge diagnoses and co-morbidities are a complete reflection of the patient's clinical status and care.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of disease processes (pathophysiology), medications, and have critical thinking skills to analyze current documentation to identify gaps.
- Identifies opportunities in concurrent and retrospective inpatient clinical medical documentation to support quality and effective coding.
- Understands and applies regulatory compliance related to documentation, coding and billing for all health insurance plans.
- The CDI Specialist facilitates appropriate modifications to documentation through extensive interactions and collaboration with physicians, coding, case management, nursing and other care givers.
- Serves as an effective change agent as an educator and resource for physicians and allied health staff to improve the quality and completeness of the clinical documentation.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with ethical and legal business procedures, compliant with federal and state statutes and regulations, official coding rules, guidelines and accepted standards of coding practice including appropriate clinical documentation policies
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
- Monday – Friday
- 7:00AM – 4:00PM
- Occasional Weekend Shifts, When Needed
- Full-Time Teleworking Allowed
- Would need to travel to Rochester, MN for the First Two (2) Weeks of Training
- Potential Temp to Hire
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS)
- 2+ years reviewing appropriateness as well as inclusion/exclusion criteria for PSI, HAC, Readmissions
- Large Hospital IP experience, preferred
- Quality Review Experience, a Plus
- Epic experience, a Plus
- CRC, a Plus
- Coding Credential Plus (CCS)
- Epic and Optum 360 experience, preferred
- Bachelor of Science-Nursing (BSN) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist or Certified Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner, preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a creative and challenging work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends as required to meet business needs.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT),
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA),
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS),
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P),
- Associated Degree Nurse (ADN-RN),
- Associates Degree in Nursing (AND-RN)
- Completion of International or Domestic Medical Program -OR-
- Formal education (accredited college-level course work) in human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and disease process -OR-
- Associate’s Degree including coursework in:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages