Business Intelligence Developer
1239 E BELTLINE AVE NE Grand rapids, Michigan 49503
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Business Intelligence Developer in Grand Rapids, MI!
Job Description:• This position would monitor all incoming and outgoing encounters/claims with the State of Michigan to ensure accuracy and troubleshoot any failures or others issues.
• This person will work closely with encounter team and IT staff.
• Our Company pay claims to Medicaid members on medical, dental and pharmacy claims. Clean and adjudicated claims call encounters. Then we submit these encounters to the State, so they can calculate the rate to reimburse us. Most of our encounters data is coming from vendors (third-party administrators) and, some, from our internal system. These vendors send us their files and we, in-turn, submit to the State’s system. All these processes are automated; some files involved EDI department to convert to certain formats that fit the State’s requirement before sending on.
• The State feels that encounters in their Data Warehouse don’t match with our Data Warehouse. Audit will perform frequently to reconcile encounters between data warehouses. There is a need for someone to be able to extract data, analyze, evaluate the root cause, and summarize finding.
• Our data, however, are in various tables. I need someone who could write a query (SQL), to link these tables and extract data; and manipulate it in various tools to arrive essential information for evaluation.
• Sometimes there are issues with encounter transmitting issues, so I need this person have a good understanding of FTP for file transferring troubleshooting.
• In addition, there are times the State implements new changes on how they want to submit encounter data. This requires involvement with IT folks, to provide assistance on coding/testing new changes. This position requires skill to facilitate staff members in different departments and able to communicate with IT folks, as well.
• Someone with experience developing PL/SQL procedures in Oracle/SQL Server
• Someone with excellent formula writing skills within Excel
• Someone with excellent analytical and reporting skills
• 2 years of experience
• Writing SQL codes
• Excel – Intermediate to Advance
• Access, FTP, and Tableau reporting
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Communication - need to be able to explain their reports
• Work well in a team environment and flexible on schedule
Voca: The Spirit of Work