Business Analyst III
500 W Main St Louisville, KY 40202
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Business Analyst III in Louisville, KY! Interested candidates will forward current resume to Jamie Brough at email@example.com and call 952 777 1834. Thanks!
- The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for helping to build and manage the company's advanced analytics capabilities in the area of Digital Business Intelligence. The role will be influential in helping understand who its digital customers are, what motivates them, how to grow the digital channel mix, and how to increase customer self-service with the company's digital experiences. You will help to develop a deep understanding of the customer and then partner with internal stakeholders to identify new and innovative solutions to solve unmet customer needs.
- Passionate about data and how it can be leveraged to influence work across all Core Digital Solutions teams to ensure the company's digital solutions start first with the customer in mind, i.e. are easy to use and represent delightful digital experiences. We are seeking a candidate who can apply a logical, systematic approach to problem solving using statistical, innovative, and/or quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to resolve business problems and drive change.
- The essence of work performed by the Digital Business Intelligence team involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., customer behaviors, feedback, channel features, financial attributes, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. As a result of the focus on data gathering, synthesis and analysis, the work efforts will be central to fact-based decision-making.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and nurture collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to identify questions that require data insights to answer, to enhance existing reports and to create new reporting. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, consolidate and validate business assumptions relevant to the solution strategy, prior to initiating and throughout the analytical process.
- Identify and gather the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy. Integrate/transform disparate data sources and determine the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Identify user friction points in their digital experience (via data analysis) and communicate clearly these problems and next steps in recommended analysis.
- Apply innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change. Succinctly deliver complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Elicit and document reporting requirements for digital programs based on business needs/objectives and identified data priorities
- Design, implement and maintain recurring reports, relying on multiple data sources to report on digital activity for individual business lines, customer experiences, visitor segments, and digital campaigns.
- Provide web analytics strategy and best practice guidance for the company'sCore Digital Solutions department and across the Enterprise.
- Support data governance and best practice efforts across the organization.
- Identify data gaps, find data sources to fill these gaps, make recommendations for additions to our Business Intelligence data environment.
- Report on data inaccuracies and failures and participate in their resolution within our data environment.
- Develop and utilize best-in-class analytics and measurement methodologies in an environment that supports innovation; lead the analytics and insights capabilities for the department, including advanced visualization, streaming analytics and text mining
- Work to integrate (via enterprise data warehouse or other means) multiple and disparate data sources from a variety of systems, including, but not limited to web analytics, digital marketing, customer experience management, sales, social media listening, voice of the customer, and surveys with a goal to discover meaningful implications for businesses to make concrete business decisions
- Influence the development, selection process, and ongoing support of system-wide analytic environments and tools
- Build a robust capability in advanced analytics including regression analysis, conversion analysis, decision trees, attribution, and segmentation techniques.
- Influence the strategy for testing, data analysis, measurement, and forecasting.
Digital Analytics Skills
- Expertise required in SQL for Hadoop for data query and exploration, strongly preferred knowledge of Power BI and Tableau for data visualization.
- Knowledge of data collection, management, analysis, and advanced analytics methods and tools
- Proven skills in collaborating within a high functioning team and building relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to conceptualize workflow, develop and direct standard work, and implement appropriate actions. Ability to teach others
- Ability to adapt to changes/challenges in organizational strategy, priorities, direction and overcome resistance to change.
- Ability to gather data from a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Proven interest in data analytics or supporting digital efforts.
- Capability in gathering and documenting reporting requirements, growing internal stakeholder relationships, delivering insights and analysis in timely fashion.
- 6-8 years in the analytics and/or optimization industries
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years quantitative analysis experience
- Experience working in digital analytics
- Skilled in Hive and/or Impala Hadoop for data query and exploration, Splunk, maybe Access.
- Fluent and skilled in R, Python, predictive modelling techniques
- Knowledgeable about machine learning, text analytics
- Prior data base management or data architecture experience
- Extensive experience applying statistical/mathematical decision and/or testing methodologies.
- Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts the company's overall success first. Willing to align roadmap to a shared Digital Center of Excellence set of objectives and frameworks and openly shares resources with other departments as needed.
- Leads by example to cultivate a climate of motivation, positive energy and meaning in work. Assesses, recruits, recognizes, develops, and empowers diverse talent.
- Influences Change: Guides and energizes others, models adaptability, and inspires strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Voca | Senior Recruiter
t 507 288 5260 d 952 777 1834
Voca: The Spirit of Work