100 2nd St SW Rochester, Minnesota 55902
Voca has an immediate opening available for an Admin Assistant in Rochester, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Lera Kappel and call her at 507.246.2601. Thanks!
- Applies administrative assistant expertise to perform a variety of secretarial/clerical tasks.
- Is accountable for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all documents.
- Tasks may include transcribing correspondence/documents; maintaining calendars; scheduling meetings; making travel arrangements; answering telephones and providing related follow-through; creating and maintaining web pages and databases/spreadsheets; supporting departmental projects/activities as assigned; preparing reports, meeting agendas and minutes, and presentation materials; processing reimbursement for travel and other professional expenses; and maintaining electronic files and records.
- Demonstrates initiative, proficiency, and good judgment to optimize the time of those supported.
- Requires successful completion of a one- or two-year degree/diploma in an administrative assistant/secretarial field OR a minimum of two years’ experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant role performing responsibilities such as managing calendars, supporting individuals, creating correspondence/reports/presentations, database/spreadsheet management, coordinating travel, etc.
Additional Experience and Skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills and a commitment to quality and excellence in service are important components of the role.
- Excellent application of grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Computer experience and proficiency on technical office equipment (computer, printer, dictation equipment, phone system, copier/fax machine, etc.).
- High-level skill in organization, professional/customer service focus, interpersonal relations, excellent written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, including standard office practices and independent composition of letters.
- Ability to demonstrate good decision-making and judgment as well as attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Typing skill of 60 WPM and experience with secretarial/clerical software is preferred.