1746 Oakdale Avenue West St Paul, Minnesota 55118
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Activities Director in West St. Paul, MN! If you are interested, please forward your resume to Hunter Rommes at email@example.com and call her at (404)585-5196. Thanks!
This position is responsible for planning and implementing a quality leisure/social events program designed to assist tenants/residents in maintaining their personal potential both physically and mentally.
Develops program and activities reflective of tenant/resident interests.
- Assesses tenant/resident areas of interest and need. Designs and implements programs to meet identified psychosocial needs of residents.
- Ensures, through observation and evaluation, that residents maintain a high level of performance and independence.
- Plans, conducts and/or coordinates activities and special events.
- Orders and maintains supplies needed for activities.
- Encourages tenant/resident participation.
- Communicates and coordinates events in conjunction with other facility activities.
- Hires, trains and supervises Activities Assistants.
- Assists in meeting the psychosocial needs of tenants/residents.
- Promotes independence of tenants/residents by offering choices and encouraging self-help skills.
- Encourages and assists tenants/residents in developing the confidence to participate in group activities.
- Assists tenants/residents in developing relationships and effectively socializing.
- Reports change in tenant/resident attitude, mood or physical status to appropriate staff.
- Communicates with family members as appropriate.
- Evaluates activity plan ensuring that activities are completed appropriately and are suitable to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Provides new resident orientation/assessment to determine interests/needs in order to design appropriate activity plan.
- Adheres to volunteer onboarding policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains system to effectively utilize volunteers to enhance programs designed to meet psychosocial needs of residents
- Recruits, trains and assigns volunteers within the building.
- Provides volunteer recognition for work performed.
- Assesses need for volunteer services and assigns as needed
- Supervises volunteers to maintain a high quality of service.
- Develops relationships with local organizations and promotes their involvement with the facility
Other duties as assigned. Including, but not limited to:
- Develops and updates relevant policies and procedures.
- Implements work guidelines and suggestions to assure staff clearly understand and are able to follow and perform activities.
- Serves as main contact with community organizations.
- Conducts resident focus groups and/or one-to-one meetings to ascertain interests and preferences in activities and events.
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Responds appropriately to resident and building emergencies.
- Drives bus and ensures resident safety
- Maintains appropriate licensure and meets MnDOT physical requirements
Bachelor's Degree: List – Related Recreational Therapy Degree of equivalent experience
One to Three Years of Experience
- Three to Five Years of Experience
- Working knowledge of basic Microsoft applications.
- Is flexible and willing to expand and adapt to changes in the Assisted Living field. **Must be able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends and evenings.
- Appropriate driving license to community vehicle and ability to pass MnDOT physical. This would be a requirement if the worker was converted to a full time employee
Voca: The Spirit of Work