255 Fiserv Drive Brookfield, Wisconsin 75001
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for WAN Engineer professionals in Brookfield, WI!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The WAN Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery and support of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product, and other Delivery teams, the candidate will design, deliver, maintain, and support infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meet the requirements of the business.
The WAN Engineer position requires the ability to actively contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of WAN technologies/processes for market leading financial services solutions in a global multi data center environment. This role also requires independent, technical leadership skills, ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
Primary responsibilities include direct contribution of architecting, developing and maintaining the security posture of our consumer facing products through technology and process in order to adequately protect our Client's assets and customer data. Additional responsibilities include ongoing engineering management for the current WAN infrastructure as well as supporting the implementation of WAN technology with our Client's products to protect information systems’ assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing WAN infrastructure in large complex global multi-data center environments where financial services are present.
A high degree of collaboration with other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, be forward thinking, and be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
The WAN engineering team is a point of escalation for operational issues, and will have some expectations regarding tier 3 support. Additional support related tasks may include major upgrade / patch planning and coordination, capacity planning, technical roadmaps, platform health-checks and will be involved in any significant quality issues for the existing infrastructure.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the Client's enterprise networks
• Architect, Design, and implement enterprise grade network wan infrastructure solutions to protect and support direct consumer facing solutions
• Participate in leading and defining best of class security practices for enterprise wan networks providing high-volume financial services transactions
• Deploy solutions to conform to current and future Security certifications (PCI) and our Client's policy standards
• Develop and maintain architectural documents, engineering guidelines and procedures in support of our Client's network policies, standards and guidelines.
• Enhancement of centralized infrastructure management and compliance reporting
• Work across several teams to restore service rapidly during an incident
• Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
• Technical leadership for project based assignments
• Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
• Performance tuning, and crash dump analysis; Analyze the root cause of incidents
• Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement
• Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration
• Participate in regular Sunday morning maintenance windows and after hour support calls.
• Provide periodic Tier 3 support for the WAN Network Infrastructure.
• Drive Continual Service Improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR a High School diploma and 8+ years of professional work experience in a related role.
Certifications: (If applicable)
• CCNP/CCDP preferred
Job Related Experience:
• 3-5 years of hands on and progressive information security architecture design and implementation experience in a WAN Network engineering role
• At least 5 years of experience working in a progressive information technology operations network or engineering group.
• 5-8+ years relevant technical experience preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in network WAN related technologies
• 4+ years direct experience with enterprise grade network infrastructure,
• Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and business analysis skills.
• Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
• Cisco experience
• Juniper experience preferred
• Bluecat Experience
• Network analytical technology exposure (Nipper or similar product)
• Network routing, switching, packet analysis
• PCI DSS compliance knowledge
• Proven hands-on experience with IP networking and network security including DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLS/VPN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS
• Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Keen attention to detail
Additional Skills/Knowledge: (Optional)
• High organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence
• Infrastructure/System Administration experience on Linux platforms
• Strong background in network security related technologies
• Development experience (this is not a development position).
• Knowledge of security best practices and procedures
Travel Required: (If applicable)
• Travel less than 20% of the year
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent degree is desirable
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work