Travel Mammography Technician
Salinas, California 93901
- Performs mammograms and bone density on a daily basis under facility approved policies and procedures and in accordance with Radiation Practice Standards, ACR, and MQSA.
- Completes requested radiographic and mammographic examinations with a high level of technical quality. Including but not limited to the following:
- Patient identification (check patient wristband), name and medical record number, and proper film !.D., i.e.,
- patient name, proper side markers, etc. Proper patient positioning
- Proper exposure technique
- Proper radiation protection techniques
- Education: Work requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a two-year Radiologic
- Technology training program approved by the AMA
- Licensure: Current CRT (R) (M) and ARRT (R) registration. New hires or transfers have 12 months to obtain ARRT (M)..
- BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience as a licensed mammography technologist, preferred. ,
- The ability to assist with patient injections and changing dressings requires the usc of fine motor I skills and precise hand/eye coordination.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and co-workers.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of comprehension and knowledge (written and oral).
- Requires analytical abilities to determine priorities and judge information.
- Ability to handle effectively with the stress of multiple priorities and patient anxieties. ,
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate, and have tactile sense.
- Performance Improvement: Assumes active role in the department's Continuous Performance
- Improvement Program. Develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts as assigned.
- Assist with MQSA as requested or required.