Travel ER RN
Mullins, South Carolina 29574
- The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- The RN is responsible for directing, coordinating all nursing care based on established clinical nursing practices.
- The RN is responsible for overseeing the health and medical care of patients at Carolina Hospital System of Marion.
- The primary emphasis of the position is to ensure each patient’s medical, nutritional, and emotional needs are met.
- The nurse will utilize his/her knowledge of growth and development, cultural, religious and ethnic differences in providing appropriate care to the patient as well as in creating an ongoing plan of care for the patient.
- The RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes for the scheduled shift and smooth transition to the next shift.
- The RN is expected to be able to perform duties of unit secretary and nurse aides as defined in respective job descriptions and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Graduate of a School of Professional Nursing
- Previous Emergency Department experience preferred
- Current Registered Nurse license issued by the LLR Board of Nursing for South Carolina or Compact Licensure Agreement.
- Current certification in BLS and to be maintained biannually;
- ACLS required.
- PALS required.
- Works inside a well-ventilated, well-lighted area. Exposed to infectious diseases.
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne disease.
- Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- May perform emergency care.
- Subjected to irregular hours.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
- May be assigned to help on other units when needed.
VISUAL AND HEARING REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to see with corrective eye wear
Must be able to hear clearly with assistance
May be exposed to infectious or contagious disease
May have to handle emergency situations
May be subject to irregular hours
May be required to wear protective equipment such as eye protection, face protection, masks, sterile/nonsterile gloves, isolation gowns