Travel Diagnostic Imaging RN
Salinas, California 93901
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the populations served.
- This includes demonstrating knowledge of the principles of caring for the following, but not limited to, geriatric, pediatric, developmentally-challenged, special needs and physically-challenged, and various diagnoses, interventions, procedures and operations performed for patients served.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Licensure: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of California required. Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards required. Current ACLS and PALS certification required. New hires and transfers have 6 months from date of hire/transfer to obtain PALS certification and must continually remain current. Must have successfully completed the SVMHS Pharmacology test. (See Medication Administration ME.1 and the Employment Process for New Hires, Transfers and Temporary Employees APM F.6).
- Experience: Minimum of one year clinical Registered Nurse experience preferred in specialty area. Diagnostic Imaging experience/training preferred.
- Department Specific Duties: None.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to operate patient related equipment and computer.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good interpersonal skills with co-workers, medical staff, employees and public.
- Must be able to speak effectively in front large and small groups.
- Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet”
- Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to prioritize and perform critical thinking process to implement educational programs.
- Current knowledge of nursing principles and techniques and adult learning theory.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate and have tactile sense.
- Performance Improvement: Assumes active role in the department’s Continuous Performance
- Improvement Program. Develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts as assigned.