Travel Clinical Pharmacist
450 E Romie LN Salinas, California 93901
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel Clinical Pharmacist professionals in Salinas, California! If interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call at 347-293-2561. Thanks
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Guarantee: 4 - 10 hour shifts
Shift: Days/Eves (No graveyard)
Equipment: Meditech 6.15
Typical hospital work experience is required: workflow experience, IV and cassette checking, DoseEdge checking, PK, antibiotic surveillance, TPN monitoring, etc.
Works under the direct supervision of the Director and Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator to assist in optimizing patient’s drug regimen. Maintains appropriate records for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies ordered by physicians, dentists, and other qualified prescribers. Work is accomplished in accordance with the policies and regulations of local, state, and federal authorities, as well as accepted standards of practice. Performs dispensing and other duties as assigned.
Should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
1. Performs drug regimen review to evaluate and assess the patient’s medications for related problems. This includes: identifying therapeutic duplications; review drugs and allergies: review for drug-drug, drug-nutrient, or drug-laboratory test interactions; evaluate if doses are appropriate for age, renal and liver functions; assist with patient/family education when necessary; monitor patients on clinical drug protocols; attend codes; attend rounds and patient care conferences as needed; assist with pain management as needed; provide drug in-services to nursing, pharmacy, medical staff, and other ancillary personnel as needed.
2. Identify the presence of, or potential adverse drug events. Report as necessary.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS in Pharmacy or MS/PharmD preferred.
2. Licensure: Current California Pharmacy License. Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status per American Heart Association is required.
3. Experience: Experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have motor skills to prepare, mix and transfer drugs from container to container aseptically, and neatly without spillage, especially chemotherapy. Ability to perform data entry.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication of drug information at various levels of sophistication. Telephone manners are of a nature that promotes a positive image of
the Pharmacy Department and encourages teamwork with other professionals. Demonstrates flexibility
in rearranging work shifts so that the workload is handled with minimal disruption.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet”
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Analytic ability to use pharmacological math, ability to use pharmacologic principles to explain use of medications, working knowledge of pharmacokinetics to dose patient.
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate, and have tactile
9. Performance Improvement: Participates in the department’s Continuous Performance Improvement Program. Develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts as assigned by Pharmacy Operation Manager/Supervisor.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages