Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Telemetry (Tele) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Taunton, MA!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Danielle St. George at email@example.com, 347-293-2560.
- Tele RNs typically care for patients coming out of the ICU or who have chronic health concerns requiring continuous monitoring of heart rhythms and heart and breathing rates. Telemetry nurses use different types of technology to monitor patients’ blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, breathing patterns, and heart activity, among other things. They also record and interpret the data from the monitors and use it to assess a patient’s rate of recovery.
- Step Down (Stepdown)
- The definition of a step-down unit varies from place to place, but generally is an intermediate or progressive care unit. They can be primarily cardiac or not, but patients are usually on a monitor.
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- PCU RNs care for patients who require close monitoring and frequent assessment, but are not unstable enough to require ICU care. PCU patients often receive complex medications that may require titration. Sometimes referred to as a a step-down RN.
- The PCU is also referred to as Cardiac Stepdown, Medical Stepdown, Neuro Stepdown, Surgical Stepdown and ER holding.
- Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU, IMC)
- The Adult Intermediate Care RN is responsible for managing the care of the adult and elderly patients experiencing severe, but usually non-life threatening, problems requiring moderately complex assessment, moderately intensive therapies and interventions, and moderate levels of nursing vigilance.
- Job duties: infusions, phlebotomy, starting IV, EKGs, transports, weaning, Nebulizer to inhaler, performing venipuncture, discounting sheaths
- 3-5 years experience required
- 8 hour nights; 11pm-7am start time; weekend rotation required; 32 hours.
- ACLS, BLS, RN license required
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Danielle St. George
Voca | Healthcare Recruiter
Voca: The Spirit of Work