143 Union Boulevard Suite 900 Lakewood, Colorado 80228
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Technical Writer professionals in Lakewood, CO!
Voca connects professionals with fantastic organizations nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Our Client is looking for an experienced, self-driven, detail-oriented Technical Writer to join our team. You will work on multiple product suites to support the business and development teams in creating and maintaining our internal and external documentation needs.
• Maintain all existing product documentation, including user guides, training documentation, and overviews.
• Generate clear and concise release notes for multiple audiences.
• Work with multiple teams implementing different software development methods, agile and waterfall, to create excellent documentation in a timely manner.
• Create new internal and client-facing documentation as needed with little assistance from subject matter experts.
• Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, and lessons learned reviews.
• Self-manage time allocation to track and manage projects, and meet deadlines.
• Continuously measure deliverables against scheduled commitments.
• A self-starter, able to ask questions, learn quickly, and work independently.
• Communicate regularly with Business Analysts and Developers to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
• Ability to translate complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation.
• Responsible for internal business process documentation, including Security and Process documentation.
• Works with the Swedish and Australian technical writing teams to ensure consistency and quality across all Nasdaq product documentation.
• Problem solver with a positive attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s in English, Computer Science, Communications or related field.
• Three to five years’ experience in computer software industry working on Agile or Waterfall teams.
• Three years’ experience in DITA-based authoring and content management solutions, or other single-source documentation tools.
• Ability to interview technical staff to obtain information and confirm logical or procedural components.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Atlassian Suite: JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, HipChat, SourceTree
• Microsoft Office Suite
• MadCap Flare™
• [oXygen/]® XML Editor (DITA Toolkit)
• WebDAV: CyberDuck
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work