Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Technical Writer IV professionals in Alpharetta, GA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Provide support for staff and senior technical writers by assisting with mapping out documentation strategies and schedules for project work.
- Work with resource management to assign staff and senior technical writers to project work.
- Conduct documentation reviews of infrastructure documentation (online HTML knowledge articles for global Operations Support teams authored in Remedy Knowledge Management Systems, and printed infrastructure reference guides for Platform Engineering authored in MS Word) written by team members.
- Provide mentoring, lead the implementation of styles, standards, tools, and best practices for staff and senior technical writers.
- Maintain team documentation standards for all team tools including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Visio, and HTML. Ensure standards are documented and stored in the appropriate file repository.
- Work with team members to implement new tools and standards as needed.
- Train new hires and conduct training and continuing education for all team members.
- Review resumes and hire new staff and senior technical writers that fit the needs of the team.
- Set performance goals and complete mid-year and end-of year performance reviews for all staff and senior technical writers each year.
- Education: Four-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science or English. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: Five to ten years’ experience producing technical documentation, preferably in the systems/hardware and data center infrastructure IT areas. Two to three years’ experience leading a small to medium size group of technical writers.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must be able to build a rapport with a team of technical writers, working closely with them to produce comprehensive documentation that describes sophisticated distributed platforms for internal support staff consumers.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure server farms, network communications protocols, firewall security, system/application monitoring, WAN/LAN configurations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to develop the direction of the technical documentation team and effectively communicate that direction to direct reports.
- Must be analytical with a thirst for new technological knowledge.
- Strong Visio diagramming skills/experience.
- Knowledge/experience of documentation standards and processes with ability and willingness to collaborate with the documentation team to develop and refine them.
- Hands on experience working with the Remedy Knowledge Management and/or ServiceNow Knowledge Management modules a plus.
Tools and Applications: Tools knowledge/experience, in order of priority:
1. Microsoft Word
2. MS Visio
3. HTML or XML online authoring application
4. Adobe Acrobat
6. MS Excel
7. MS PowerPoint
- Paste Education, Experience, and other qualifications
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work