13515 N. Stemmons Dallas, TX 75234
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Tax Analyst professionals in Dallas, TX!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Provide support for our Client of America for planning, acquisitions, restructuring with state and local taxing authorities in the area of sales tax. Use Vertex software to achieve maximum efficiency for sales and use audits and exemption certificate management. Prepare and use SLAs for planning, acquisitions, restructuring and audit defense in the tax compliance process that involves operations tax and the business.
Audits – State and Local-Sales and Use Tax
• Review data requirements in preparation for state and local audits
• Research and respond to internal / external questions
• Provide first level review of supporting schedules from auditors
• Maintain status reports on current/future audit status.
• Review and maintain SOPs for audit process
• Maintain Exemption certificates in Vertex Certificate Manager
Compliance/Reporting Function – Sales Taxes
• Prepare account reconciliations
• Assist Tax Manager in the development of SOPs for Compliance and Audit.
• Assist Tax Manager in development of SLAs and reporting results to customers.
• Research and respond to sales tax questions from internal and external customers.
• Review fixed asset acquisitions for proper treatment and application of sales/use taxes.
• Provide sales tax credits to our Client's customers
• Provide training to internal customers on sales and use tax.
• Research potential sales tax issues (i.e. exemptions, etc.) which apply to company transactions.
• Communicate sales tax law changes to the business as required.
• Supervise tax contractors as needed for acquiring info for audits.
- • BBA or BS in Accounting.
• Three - Four years of sales tax experience.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• CMI/CMI Candidate preferred.
• Oracle experience preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
• Database experience (Access, IDEA) preferred but not required.
• Organization skills for time management and document control for multiple ongoing projects.
• Ability to use technology, working with file downloads and links, gaining compliance efficiencies.
• Ability to perform research using Internet services.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work