Talent Acquisition Staffing Associate
300 Santana Row #300 San Jose, California 95128
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Talent Acquisition Staffing Associate in San Jose, CA! Interested candidates will reach out to Caitlin Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org, direct line 952-303-8111.
- Job Summary:
The Staffing Associate, under the direction of the Director of Talent Acquisition supports the operations and scheduling of staff for Satellite Healthcare’s (SHC) centers. In conjunction with the Staffing Consultant and operations management, determines the staffing needs for the designated timeframe, works towards identifying staffing resources for unexpected staffing needs and acquires the correct skill and number of people to accomplish the job in the most cost-effective manner.
The Staffing Associate monitors staffing usage and pro-actively plans for future operational needs. This role acts as a resource to management team in regard to supplemental staffing, monitoring communications to 3rd-party staffing vendors, and any budget/staffing/float pool related issues as requested. This role works closely with the Staffing Consultant to deliver staffing services that support the achievement of clinical goals and ensures seamless delivery of care in all settings. This position will assist in monitoring float pool and contingent worker performance and assuring management satisfaction.
• Payroll/Timekeeping: Ensures timecards and payroll procedures are adhered to; assists float pool staff with the reimbursement for costs related to float pool assignments
• Policies and Procedure: Performs assigned staffing and scheduling functions to meet specific staffing requirements within SHC’s centers with the goal of safe patient care in accordance with administrative policies, standards, and procedures as well as HR and Payroll policies
• Scheduling: Fields requests for supplemental staff and coordinates resources to ensure staffing needs are met. Develops pro-active scheduling base on established staffing patterns, managers’ requests, business development growth plans and acquisitions
• Staffing: Continually adjusts and allocates float pool staff, travelers, temps, and per diem personnel to provide adequate coverage to centers to meet staffing requirements on a daily basis, including “just in time” staffing to address sick calls and other unscheduled absences
• Assists with disaster/emergency preparedness planning and staffing, including assisting in developing and implementing such contingency plans to ensure adequate staffing in the event of a major disaster or emergency
• Establishes usage reports appropriate for the unit and monitors utilization and productivity standards
• Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards.
- Minimum Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Any combination of education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to learn and work within specific department/unit/agency office policies and procedures as well as to apply laws, rules, policies, or procedures affecting assigned work
• Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision)
• Contributes to harmonious and constructive working relationships with all staff members to promote a positive and productive atmosphere
• Must be able to prioritize multiple, competing tasks with excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to handle, sensitive matters discreetly, understanding and applying HIPPA regulations, hospital and department policies and procedures
• Ability to work effectively, exercise initiative, apply reason and judgment in prioritizing changing and/or conflicting tasks, work under pressure in a fast-paced setting, cope effectively with interruptions, and handle a high volume workload with accuracy and efficiency, and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently as a team member and establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with all levels of medical, professional, administrative, and support personnel contacted in the course of work
• Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer applications, such as Word, Excel and/or Access database