TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM MANAGER
San Francisco, CA 94111
Voca has an immediate opening available for a TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM MANAGER in San Francisco, CA!
Job Description:Our Client is transforming the way we create technology products that customers love, better and faster. As such we have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join the team.
MarkMonitor is seeking an experienced Technology Program Manager that can enable these transformation changes and take our product development teams to the next level in adopting best practices, and drive revenue growth and increased effectiveness in value generation and overall product quality. You will be responsible for the successful management of technology programs. You will be responsible for a portfolio of programs and projects that are strategic in nature and high in complexity. You will leverage your experience to maximize the effectiveness and speed of new product development by harnessing your ability to improve the productivity of the engineering organization via analysis, best practices, process implementation, and innovation. You will ensure alignment across teams and projects, drive velocity and predictability of product delivery, and lead teams to develop into mature, self-sustaining teams capable of consistent, predictable delivery.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a highly motivated, energetic, and talented program manager who works effectively across various functional groups and geographies to manage product releases, and drive new initiatives to improve our development and release processes and procedures. You are a passionate change agent, skilled in coordinating changes and influencing process adoption, alignment, and implementation. You have hands-on experience using Agile processes, tools, and techniques to deliver real world products. You are knowledgeable in best practices yet flexible enough to adapt to real-world situations. You are comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and rapidly changing requirements. You thrive in a demanding and highly visible role, which can influence and energize others. You are the ultimate team player who values first the needs of the organization, discerns the big picture, and is able to prioritize, manage and execute strategic and tactical initiatives at a fine-grain level of detail. You are excited and willing to play a variety of roles to deliver on commitments and evolve as the organization grows and the teams mature.
• Manage complex software development, architecture, and integration projects in a fast paced environment
• Define and manage overall program operating rhythm
• Work with Technology and Product stakeholders to define and track program roadmaps, resource and cost baselines and assumptions
• Actively participate in product Discovery Phase to identify and manage feasibility and viability risks
• Lead quarterly and monthly release planning in a scaled hybrid/Agile environment
• Lead functional and technical delivery of key initiatives. Work directly with Product Management, Engineering, and other functional teams to ensure successful delivery of key initiatives
• Manage the scope, schedule, and resources of key initiatives. Ensure status, risks, and open issues are tracked and all stakeholders are informed in a timely manner
• Drive key projects and features from inception through discovery and delivery, ensuring effective planning, monitoring, and intra/inter team alignment
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, monitor progress and maintain project metrics
• Provide clear and crisp communication on project/program issues, risks, schedule, activities, status, and key metrics
• Facilitate key Agile rituals across Scrum teams to properly address project status, progress issues, risks and decisions
• Act as an agile coach and for multiple teams. Assist in training team members on Agile/Scrum concepts.
• Foster and model a collaborative team environment driven to build awesome software while having fun
• Bachelor of Science (Computer Science or relevant field)
• PMP Certification
• 7+ years of technical software development program/project management, with 3+ years of program management
• 2+ years of experience as a dedicated Scrum master and/or Agile coach
• Experience leading or managing medium-large scale SaaS/Cloud based projects
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Excellent verbal communication, facilitation, and coaching skills
• Excellent written communication skills: clear, concise, structured, unambiguous
• Extremely high attention to detail with ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
• Extensive experience administering JIRA and Confluence Wiki
• Exposure to a wide variety of software project management methodologies and frameworks; deep understanding of agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
• Collaborative and energetic team player who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that values innovation and impact
• Self-driven and motivated with ability to unblock yourself and the team
• Passionate about learning and improving as a Program Manager
• Advanced Degree
• Certified Scrum Master/Professional (CSM, CSP)
• Familiarity with SAFe (SPC certification a plus)
• Familiarity with Planview, Smartsheet, LeanKit
Voca: The Spirit of Work