Systems Engineer Lead IV
Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
ETG is a critical part of our Client's organization, responsible for architecting, building and supporting the technology platforms and services used by our clients. In this Engineering Lead role, you will partner with internal product groups and engineering teams to develop enterprise technical designs for projects, while advocating adherence to enterprise standards through collaboration with multiple Architecture and Engineering teams.
This position requires a high degree of collaboration with Development, Product, Engineering, and Architecture teams to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continually striving for excellence.
- Builds relationships and works closely with our internal customers to ensure solutions are technically solid, issues are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered within budget and on-time.
- Leads and tracks the progress of multiple projects. Certain projects may require project management and administration that include project planning, maintaining and project plan, providing status reports, and budgeting and procurement.
- Resolves challenges by analyzing issues, assisting the team to determine the most appropriate course of action, providing direction and, when necessary, reallocating resources.
- Oversees the capacity of all virtual clusters, and forecasts required infrastructure additions to ensure no negative impacts due to lack of capacity.
- Work with the Portfolio Management team to ensure that each of our projects has the appropriate amount of budget and resource allocation.
- Develops and motivates assigned team members.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management, and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or a high school diploma and 8 years of relevant work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise customer facing solutions.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience designing and building enterprise class distributed systems.
- Must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification
- Extensive understanding and experience in technology areas for Mainframe and Distributed platforms, networking, databases, HA/DR, security, PCI compliance, and other IT regulations
- Previous Infrastructure/System Engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
- Expert level technical skill in one or more technology disciplines (Windows or Web Methods).
- Recent experience leading the technical design of high transaction volume distributed systems or other complex projects.
- Architecture Experience with the following Enterprise Technologies: WAN & LAN, Security, Firewall, XML Gateway, Virtualization, HA/DR, SOA
- Experience with application architectures and standards (SOA, N-tier,.NET, Web 2.0, SDLC, RUP, J2EE, etc.)
- Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
- Experience leading and communicating with highly technical engineers and senior leadership.
- Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
- Ability to move projects forward, prioritize tasks and resolve project issues with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance.
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a high level of confidence.
- Experience designing and implementing high transaction volume distributed systems.
- Certifications engineering and Design level certification for one or more of the following technical disciplines (Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows Server, Software AG Web Methods.)
- Previous Infrastructure/System engineering experience in heterogeneous environments.
- Experience in an e-Commerce environment.
- ITIL certified.