Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Systems Administrator Specialist professionals in Carteret, NJ!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The candidate must be a very organized and detail oriented individual that will be part of a support team responsible for basic hardware and OS support pertaining to enterprise servers. Commitment to excellence, attention to detail and organizational skills are critical components for this job. Candidate needs to understand and be able to solve a wide array of problems with all types of hardware on the fly or in an emergency.
• 1st level of response and troubleshooting of alarms using HP OpenView
• Break/Fix hardware maintenance on mission critical systems (BIOS updates, hard drives, memory, RAID controller)
• Troubleshoot file system, memory, and CPU utilization alarms on server systems (RHEL, CentOS and Windows)
• Automating tasks using Python, Java, Bash or any other programming language
• Server patching on weekends for both Linux and Windows
• Basic network stack support
• Build and deploy new servers
• Provide assistance and escalate as needed to other operations and engineering teams to ensure that all systems are available and working properly.
• Inventory control for servers, components and connectivity using DCIM software
• Use of an automated ticket system to organize work requests
• Develop detailed documentation of knowledge base, best practices, and procedures
• Proactively and independently work on projects as needed
• Perform weekend checks and server patching on a rotating basis
Qualifi• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field, or equivalent in experience
• RHCSA or MCSE certification
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux server administration
• Must be able to identify and remediate hardware issues using iDRAC, iLO, etc
• Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, Java, or Bash
• Experience with automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible is a plus
• Familiarity with BMC Bladelogic
• Working knowledge of server and networking hardware
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (MS Office experience)
• Self-motivated, reliable team player
• Consistently work to enhance system performance and systems availability
- 2:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Friday some weekend work
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work