3303 SW Bond Ave Portland, OR 97239
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Surgical Technician professionals in Portland, OR! If you are interested, please forward an updated resume to Elizabeth at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The Surgical Technician (ST) performs the delegated duties that ensure that the Operating Room (OR) environment is safe, that equipment is cleaned and functions appropriately, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. The ST possesses expertise in the application of sterile and aseptic technique; he/she combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to safely facilitate invasive and/or diagnostic procedures. The ST has the ability to manage stressful/unusual situations in a positive manner, and embraces the Core Competencies (Accountability, Collaboration, Communication, Diversity, Integrity, Respect, Service Orientation, Teamwork) into his/her practice.
- Demonstrate Proficiency in clinical skills/knowledge specific to Perioperative Services.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of sterile technique.
- Proficient in the scrub role in the surgical specialties.
- Provides fundamental components of patient comfort, safety, privacy and respect within the perioperative setting.
- Identifies and develops areas of expertise within the surgical specialties.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and supplies.
- Responds appropriately as directed in a code situation.
- Accomplishes caseload assignments in a timely manner.
- Completes turnover of the operating room between cases before or within the established time lines
- Collaborates with surgical team members (nursing, anesthesia and surgeon) on specific issues or concerns.
- Seeks input and consultation.
- Reports incidents and errors verbally and in writing in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained in all forms of communication.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in workload and assignment.
- Incorporates conflict management skills in the resolution of issues.
- Participates in projects and committees as requested/assigned.
- Works collaboratively with internal personnel, maintaining communication that facilitates teamwork.
- Conveys a positive image of peers, colleagues, and our client to patients, families, the public and other health care team members.
- Participates in the education and development of others.
- Incorporates service excellence/customer service philosophy into all aspects of care provided to patients and families and in interactions within the work setting.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities, incorporating principles into practice.
- Demonstrates ability to access departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
- Shifts Available:
- 11:00AM – 7:30PM
- $31.45- 35.75 / Hour
- 2 Month Contract
Requires prioritization of multiple projects, activities, and assignments. May be exposed to excessive auditory and visual stimulation. May be exposed to body fluids, tissue, and infectious processes. Subject to computer work for several hours, as needed. Able to utilize all patient care equipment with work area.
Physical Demands & Equipment Usage:
Standing: On concrete, vinyl, or carpeting up to 4 hours per day and intermittently
Sitting: Chair or stool continuous up to 8 hours per day intermittently
Changing positions: intermittently, as needed
Walking: Intermittently up to 8 hours per day on concrete, vinyl, or carpeting
Carrying: Up to 50 pounds (supplies, equipment, books, paper, etc) for intermittent periods and distances
Lifting: Up to 50 pounds (patients, equipment, supplies, books, etc.) intermittently throughout the day
Pushing/Pulling: Up to 50 pounds, intermittently, throughout the day.
Bending: From the waist and knees, frequently throughout the day.
Reaching/handling: Fine manipulation, repetitive, gross motor requiring full ROM in upper extremities, including overhead reaching.
Twisting: All ROM required, intermittent periods, throughout the day.
- Completion of Surgical Technician (CST) Program, preferred.
- Minimum of Two (2) Years of Hands-On Experience in an Operating Room (OR) Setting
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Completed a Surgical TechnicianTraining Program
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages