500 Harvard St. SE Minneapolis, MN 55455
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Surgical Tech professionals in Minneapolis, MN! Interested candidiates should reach out to Whitney Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 347-293-2563.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Performs the functions of a surgical technologist as a scrub person during surgical procedures providing patient care services appropriate to the age of the patients (ages pediatric through geriatric) served during the shift of duty in collaboration with the RN.
Is responsible for adhering to standards of nursing practice and patient care, correct use of supplies/equipment and maintenance of the surgical suite under the direction of an RN.
• Serves as scrub person during operative procedures Anticipates surgeon’s needs Supplies appropriate instruments, suture and specialty items. Maintains aseptic technique during all sterile procedures. Assures proper identification and handling of specimens. Completes all required sponge, sharps and instrument counts. Follows appropriate action in emergency situations.
• Provides patient care Adheres to standards of clinical practice and patient care appropriate to the age of the patients. Assists in transfer/positioning of patients. Collaborates with the MD and circulating nurse to provide care for each patient. Respects the confidentiality of all information.
• Corrects use and setup of supplies and equipment Assures availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment. Assembles and adjust equipment. Cleans, replenishes and sterilizes instruments and supplies as needed. Participates in the evaluation of new equipment or supplies. Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room in readiness of next patient.
• Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
• Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served. Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making. Communicates in a respective manner. Ensures a safe, secure environment. Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs. Modifies clinical interventions based on population served. Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
Qualifications• Knowledge of physical, psychosocial and cognitive developmental needs of population served.
• Knowledge of age appropriate outcomes and interventions.
1 to 3 years surgical experience
Graduate from an approved Surgical Technology program or LPN training
If LPN, must be MN licensed
AST Certification or certification eligible at time of hire
Graduate from an approved Surgical Technology program or LPN training Minimum License/Certification/Registration If LPN, must be MN licensed Preferred License/Certification/Registration AST Certification or certification eligible at time of hire
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work