6401 France Ave. S Edina, MN 55435
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Certified Surgical Technician professionals in Edina, MN! If you are interested, please send your resume to Elizabeth "Izzy" Merrill at email@example.com and call directly at 952-303-8123.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Various shifts available
- Pay: $18.18 – 21.00/hour
- Performs the functions of a surgical technologist as a scrub person during surgical procedures providing patient care services appropriate to the age of the patients (ages pediatric through geriatric) served during the shift of duty in collaboration with the RN.
- Is responsible for adhering to standards of nursing practice and patient care, correct use of supplies/equipment and maintenance of the surgical suite under the direction of an RN.
- Serves as scrub person during operative procedures Anticipates surgeon’s needs supplies appropriate instruments, suture and specialty items.
- Maintains aseptic technique during all sterile procedures.
- Follows appropriate action in emergency situations.
- Provides patient care Adheres to standards of clinical practice and patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Assists in transfer/positioning of patients.
- Collaborates with the MD and circulating nurse to provide care for each patient. Respects the confidentiality of all information.
- Participates in the evaluation of new equipment or supplies.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room in readiness of next patient.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served. Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
- Graduate from an approved Surgical Technology program or LPN training
- If LPN, must be MN licensed
- AST Certification or certification eligible at time of hire
- 1 to 3 years of surgical experience preferred
- Must be a Certified Surgical Technician
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dental, Vision, Healthcare after 90 days
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages