6401 France Ave S. Edina, Minnesota 55435
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Staffing Specialist in Edina, MN!
- 8p-8:30am (72 hours every two weeks)
- Requires every third weekend rotation.
- 36 hours per week
- Responsible for meeting the daily staffing needs of the patient care units utilizing human resources effectively so that patient care needs are met.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing all unit nursing personnel.
- Develops a schedule for all assigned personnel which is in accordance with the employee’s authorized hours, applicable contracts and human resources policies each pay period.
- Identifies unit-staffing needs each pay period and lists open and available shifts accordingly
- Distributes employee schedules and open and available shift list to units according to policies and contracts.
- Prioritizes and problem solves scheduling and daily staffing for each unit to provide adequate staffing coverage based on staffing guideline and stated acuity
- Proactively adjusts and documents daily staffing by calling in, canceling or floating employees based on unit volume and acuity and by covering for vacations, illnesses and open positions as needed each shift.
- Accurately maintains an attendance record of all staff and outside agency personnel
- Ensures that necessary information regarding staffing issues is relayed appropriately to nurse managers, staffing manager, administrative supervisors and others as appropriate
- Participates in department quality improvement projects as assigned
- Prepares staffing reports to assist in the ongoing analysis of department staffing needs.
- Maintains license verifications for RN’s and LPN’s
- High level of communication and problem solving skills. Ability to use PC, network applications and staffing software.
- Ability to organize details and maintains accurate records. Knowledge of union contracts.
- Ability to work independently and to provide excellent customer service to all levels of hospital staff, outside agencies and contracts.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- One to Three years
Voca: The Spirit of Work