5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85054
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Speech Pathologist professionals in Phoenix, AZ!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
* Receives direction from supervisor and physicians.
* Gives direction to student interns, other team members, and supportive personnel.
* Works cooperatively with colleagues, physicians, and other professional team members.
* Interacts professionally with patients and allied health staff.
A medical speech/language pathologist provides services for the prevention, identification, diagnosis, consultation, education, and rehabilitation of patients with acquired communication and swallowing disorders. Speech/language pathologists also serve as clinical instructors for graduate students in speech pathology, clinical fellows, and other medical professionals.
The speech/language pathologist works closely with the patient, family, and other members of a physician-led team in providing individualized treatment.
Master's degree in speech/language pathology
* Knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the lifespan
* The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs
* Current Arizona licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist
* Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or academic equivalent with clinical fellowship year pending completion
* Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency
Must be competent in completing Modified Barium Swallow Studies/Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies Preferred, but not required for FEES. Experience working in critical care
Wednesday - Saturday, 10-hour shift beginning 7:00 a.m.; or 8-hour shift is 8:00 a.m.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work