Special Care Nursery RN
1025 Marsh St Mankato, MN 56001
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Specialty Care Nursery RN professionals in Mankato, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Ensures staff maintains safe environment: warmth, crib rails in “up” position and locked, no toys with removable parts, limits visitors, no strangers allowed in room, identifies by leg/arm band.
- Ensures staff involves parents/caregivers in care; ensures return demonstration; encourages parental assistance in provision of care.
- Provides information on immunizations.
- Keeps parents/caregivers in field of vision.
- Recognizes abuse/neglect potential.
- Provides familiar objects (as possible and appropriate).
- Uses distraction methods to calm (i.e., visually stimulating objects, and bottle).
- Uses appropriate measures to access and locate pain.
- Assesses for basic comfort measures, i.e., wet diaper, hunger, sleep deprivation
- Maintains thermoregulation.
- Identifies special dietary considerations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication conversion rates for neonatal dosing.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of expected neonatal vital signs, laboratory values, etc.
- Provides parents/caregivers with adequate, direct information regarding postoperative neonatal condition (i.e., what neonate will look like postoperatively, what type of tubes to expect, etc.)
- Approaches and provides care in calm, tender manner
- BLS, NRP, and experience with immediate newborn resuscitation at delivery required.
- Preferred: STABLE. Epic experience preferred.
- Equipment used: Panda warmers and Giraffe incubators.
- Active RN license or ability to practice professional nursing in applicable state
- Current BLS Certification
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification
- BSN required
- D/N rotating 12 hour shifts (majority of shifts most likely nights), every other weekend, working 36 hr/wk.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work