450 E Romie Ln Salinas, California 93901
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Sonographer professional in Salinas, CA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
1.Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures, such as gallbladders, abdomens, pelvis, O.B. exams, biopsies, etc.
2.Cares for patients during procedures by assisting them to rest rooms, giving them blankets, etc. Prepares patients for their exams.
3.Reports changes in the patient's condition to others for follow-up.
4.Produce quality exams that include accurate and supportive documentation.
5.Communicate with the Radiologists on all ultrasound exams that may require a review.
6.Produce thorough and complete ultrasound studies.
7.Transports patients by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking. Provides care for patients during transportation and in the department, if necessary.
8.Assists patients by lifting and moving them off and on the exam table..Provides bedpans and urinals as needed. Assures that patients are properly dressed for their procedures.
9.Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, assists others, and special assignments. Cleans work area and replenishes supplies.
10.Performs emergency medical treatment under physician direction.
11.Assists with the scheduling of patient exams.
12.Attends regularly scheduled department meetings and in-services.
13.Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Completion of an ultrasound training program and registered through the American Registry
for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required.
2. Licensure: RDMS certification in three areas (Abdominal, Vascular or Obstetrical) required. Current BLS/Healthcare Provider status as per American Heart Association standards required.
3. Experience: At least two years of experience as a licensed Sonographer, preferred.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge of ultrasound equipment and sonography safety. (patient and operator) The ability to assist with interventional studies that require the use of fine motor skills and precise hand/eye coordination.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, public and co-workers. Work requires ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of comprehension and knowledge (written and oral).
6. Essential Physical Requirements: See attached “Physical Requirements Sheet”
7. Essential Mental Abilities: The ability to evaluate a patient's condition such as respiratory, cardio, pulmonary or neuro .
8. Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to hear, see, verbally communicate, and have tactile sense. Must be able to visually evaluate patient conditions, such as redness of skin, hives, etc.
9. Performance Improvement: Assumes active role in the department’s Continuous Performance Improvement Program. Develops, implements and assesses Continuous Performance Improvement efforts as assigned.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work