23 Fourth Avenue Burlington, Massachusetts 91342
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for SW Verification Engineer professionals in Burlington, MA!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Working under general supervision, supports product development efforts by performing engineering tasks such as investigating, defining, analyzing, documenting and testing activities associated with the development of specific projects. Performs additional analysis and/or interviews to determine the requirements and constraints on the assigned portion of the system. Work requires the application of theoretical principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of study. Has the ability to apply technical skills to issues to bring tasks to resolution within assigned projects. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems. Exercises appropriate level of technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing and coordinating engineering assignments. Routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes.
As a member of the software development team, this SW Verification Engineer is an individual contributor. He or she is knowledgeable of Embedded Software Verification test best practices and has experience planning and implementing embedded software product test strategies and infrastructure. He or she will collaborate with developers and system engineers to develop test strategies for verification of embedded software and test tools in accordance with project and regulatory requirements and schedules. He or she is expected to be knowledgeable of and follow industry standard development practices in a regulated product development environment. The primary responsibility will be to create and execute both manual and automated tests.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Create and execute high quality efficient integration and verification tests for embedded software
• Create or specify software and hardware tools and fixtures to support testing
• Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
• Stay current with state-of-the-art tools and techniques for software testing.
• Lead self and sometimes others on projects/programs assigned.
• Demonstrated success in testing embedded software applications or mobile/GUI software verification
• Familiarity of automated testing
• Familiarity with SW Development tools and techniques including bug tracking and test design and execution
• 8+ years of software testing experience / embedded software test preferred
• BS in computer science or an engineering discipline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-starter and results oriented
• Experience with Agile methods a plus
• Medical device industry experience preferred.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work