Software QA Analyst
1239 E Beltline Ave NE Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for ______ professionals in City, State!
Voca connects professionals in Technology with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Responsible for the oversight of the software quality assurance-related efforts that ensure high quality solutions for patients and
- Responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of QA resources among projects, for the overall benefit of the
- Facilitates the management of multiple related projects and ongoing operations that are directed toward a common
- Collaborating with the Project Manager, monitors test activities, schedule and overall quality of component project and
operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program.
- Assists in developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Reviews project deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the Project Management methodology and quality standards.
- Leads efforts to create or enhance processes that are
used within the IS project environment, to improve tool selection, vendor selection and process audits.
- Provides Quality guidance to project teams.
- Facilitates the integration of contract and vendor quality tasks and deliverables.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- May also be responsible for issue resolution, process improvement initiatives, and process use and effectiveness validation.
- Employs a good understanding of the business or function for which the project/program outcome is designed, and may be the organization's expert on specific technologies, areas of business and/or applications.
- Monitors all aspects of application Quality Assurance (QA) for continual improvement.
- Establishes metrics, helps to apply industry best practices, develops new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Ensures the quality of the QA team, making sure defect reports and test documentation are appropriate.
- Facilitates the establishment and evolution of formal QA processes, ensuring that teams are using industry-accepted best practices and tools. Identifies weaknesses in workflow. Develops and implements process improvements to ensure that QA and corporate goals are satisfied.
- Works with IS Leadership and Project Management to accurately apply QA team resources to support the business plan and project portfolio.
- Provides timelines and scopes for testing and QA initiatives, playing an active role in shaping the overall development process.
- Closely manages defects and priorities across multiple projects, ensuring defects are being tracked properly, contain the necessary information, and are being followed up appropriately.
- Leads and mentors QA team members, and manages outside contract testers.
- Supports continuous process improvement activities, and ensures that existing processes are being used.
Management of QA team project delivery within both Waterfall and Agile development environments
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience - 7 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in the field
- 10 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in the field
- Experience working with health plans and vendor package implementations
- Experience in software quality assurance and/or software development on both the front-end (web) and back-end (integration/database) technologies
- Software quality assurance testing experience, using both manual test techniques and automated test suites, and the full array of testing types: functional, integration, system and regression
- Experience with SQL and data analysis
- Experience with automated testing tools including Selenium
- Experience working with Facets
- Moderately Preferred:
- Experience with health plan provider operations
- Experience in the following vendor applications: eVIPS, eBenefitsSync Experience using advanced programming techniques and DBA techniques
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work