2nd floor, 2 Gatehall Drive Parsippany, NJ 07054
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Software Development Engineer III professionals in Parsippany, NJ!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Dovetail Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive Dovetail frameworks. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
Dovetail provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Leveraging the continuing investment from Dovetail and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Dovetail’s reputation as highly professional, long term partners for global and local clients.
Find out more about what it is like to be part of the Dovetail team …
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing
• Communicate effectively within an interdisciplinary team, and with other teams
• Maintain and enhance application APIs used by other developers, understanding the impact of changes on existing code
• Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Configure and enhance a rapidly deployable cloud or VM hosted solution for smaller banks
• Assist in the migration of customer data stored in the database between application versions
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of drive to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. The successful candidate must be determined to produce software of the highest quality through self-discipline, clear and engaged communication. You will possess a high level of commitment in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values.
• 5+ years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
• Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
• Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
• Background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
• General knowledge of SQL
• Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
• Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
• Experience with build technologies such as Maven, Ant or Gradle
• Experience deploying software applications to the cloud a plus
• Experience with Unix or Linux shell scripting languages a plus
• Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• BA, BS or MS degree
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Voca: The Spirit of Work