Senior Software Developer
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
- This position will conduct technology evaluation and recommendation, mentoring developers through hands-on assistance as well as formal and informal training and some technical development.
- Work with business and development team in identifying, designing, and developing technical architecture solution components.
- As a technical leader, the job requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally and also raise the engineering and operational standards.
- This position will also be responsible for application performance from performance modeling, to performance measuring/profiling, to performance tuning. ?
- Senior-level research, design and development of computer software systems. ?
- Analyses software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. ?
- Provides design recommendations and options, develops and integrates programs per specifications. ?
- Provides assistance in researching and adopting new and emerging technologies, evaluating new tools, technologies and platforms to be included in projects. ?
- Leads project planning sessions with clients and Business Analysts to analyze requirements. ?
- Defines scope of multiple complex projects. ?
- Estimates effort required for own work, and checks and agrees other team members' estimates.
- Accountable for planning work assigned to their team, including work breakdown, accurate estimate and identification of possible solution options. ?
- Accountable for tracking status of team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules.
- Responsible to communicate accurately the status of ongoing work to stakeholders. ?
- Sets timeframes and schedules to meet business needs. ?
- Presents status updates for various projects to project management and senior managers. ?
- Ensures self and team develop modules using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practice guidelines. ?
- Works with vendors to understand technology and performs technical due diligence on third party technology delivery. ?
- May have cost responsibility for own team/project, and/or contribute to forecasting budgets and recommending expenditure without being fully accountable for them. ?
- Identifies ways to improve the operation of own area and to achieve efficiencies and results and assists in process improvement. ?
- Provides technical guidance to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. (Master’s degree preferred.) ?
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Great technical and problem solving skills ?
- Knowledgeable in various software design patterns and be able to apply appropriate design patterns to solve business/technical problems. ?
- Proficient in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc ?
- .NET 3/.5/4.0 with WCF, WWF, WPF, and Silverlight ?
- Team player who works well across different streams (Product Management, Developers, QA, Operation Team, etc.) ?
- Strong written and verbal communication skills