Senior Project Manager - IS
1300 Michigan St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Senior Project Manager - IS in Grand Rapids, Michigan!
. The Senior Project Manager drives outcomes for complex projects, assuring deliverables are achieved.
· Responsible for assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
· Regularly provides guidance, direction and training to less experienced Project Managers.
Develop tactical, business and strategic plans that allow for tracking of projects against major milestones. Define and establish clear and results-oriented program/project objectives and outcomes. Monitor projects from initiation through delivery for continuous improvement/refinement opportunities, identify and resolve issues/risks/barriers, report status, and escalate to appropriate SMEs/leadership as necessary
· Frequently interact with Directors and above – Communication skills must be solid – clear, concise, confident speaker
· 10+ years of experience in a project management role of software development projects
· Health Care Insurance Industry experience is required
· Medicare Advantage experience is plus
· Experience with managing scope/schedule/cost for software development projects
· Experience with assembling technical and operational project team members, coordinating activities, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of a project.
· Experience taking projects from original concept through final implementation.
· Ability to manage the integration of vendor tasks and deliverable
· Agile and waterfall experience a plus
· Education - Master's Degree or equivalent in project management, computer science, business administration or related field
Voca: The Spirit of Work