Voca Health has immediate openings available for Senior Network Engineer professionals in Reno, Nevada!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility’s telecommunication transport network – Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, SONET/TDM, DACS; Provide professional Telecom system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to utilities’ communication network design and implementation – Fiber optical network, microwave network, MAS radio network, etc.
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
• Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
• Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
• Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
• Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
• Support company-wide project activities related to design and installation of communication network
• Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
• Recommend standards related to the utility’s communication network
• Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
• Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
• Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
• Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
• Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Delivery engineering design package on time
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Possess Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
• Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
• Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
• Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. No special physical demands required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work