Senior Legal Editor
3 Times Sq New York, NY 10036
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Senior Legal Editor in New York, NY!
- Title: Temporary Labor & Employment Legal Editor - Washington
Practical Law is looking for a temporary Labor and Employment State Specialist Editor contractor, with substantial experience in labor and employment law in the state of Washington.
Remote work from 10-15 hours per week.
Practical Law is looking for a temporary Labor and Employment State Specialist contractor to work on resources for our online services. The State Specialist contractor will:
• Write, edit, and update state-specific labor and employment resources, including checklists, standard forms and policies, and other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
• Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in the final review of these resources conducted by Practical Law.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
• At least six years’ experience working as a labor and employment lawyer in a law firm or as in-house counsel in the specified jurisdiction, and general expertise in labor and employment law.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and the legal market in general.
• Strong communication skills, particularly given remote nature of position.
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
• A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
o very close attention to detail;
o impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Voca: The Spirit of Work