Senior Legal Editor
3 Times Sq New York, New York 10036
Voca Legal has immediate openings available for Senior Legal Editor professionals in New York, NY!
Voca connects Legal professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Practical Law business is looking for temporary contractors with substantial Ohio experience in real estate transactions, especially leasing, financing, purchase and sale and contract drafting, to fill the role of Real Estate State Specialist contractors who will write and edit practical guidance for Ohio lawyers. In addition to general real estate transactions experience, the ideal candidate will have experience with both residential and commercial real estate contract drafting.
Remote work from 20-25 hours per week for six months. (Requires Windows-based computer and high speed internet.)
Practical Law is looking for temporary Real Estate State Specialist contractors to work on documents to publish with our online services. Each State Specialist contractor will:
· Research, write, edit, and update state-specific real estate transnational resources in accordance with Practical Law writing style, including practice notes, checklists and standard documents explaining real estate transactions under state law, including guidance related to financing, leasing and ownership/purchase and sale for use by attorneys at law firms and in-house counsel.
· Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in Practical Law’s final review of these resources.
- Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
· At least six years’ experience (eight years preferred) working as a real estate transactional attorney in a law firm or as in-house counsel in the specified jurisdiction.
· Ability to distill relevant market practice and perform complex legal analysis.
· Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
· A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and the legal market in general.
· Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
· Strong work ethic and ability to meet aggressive production deadlines.
· A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
o very close attention to detail and organization;
o impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
· The ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
· J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
· Bar admitted in Ohio.
Ideal candidates will also have the following attributes:
· Familiarity with a variety of real estate practice areas including ownership, leasing and financing of commercial and residential real estate.
· Familiarity with evictions, foreclosures and/or mechanic’s liens.
· Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
· Recent experience using Westlaw for legal research.
· Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work