Senior Legal Editor
3 Times Sq New York, NY 10036
Voca Legal has immediate openings available for Senior Legal Editor professionals in New York, NY!
Voca connects Legal professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
Job Description:Practical Law is looking for temporary litigation State Specialist contractors to work on documents to publish with our online services. Each State Specialist contractor will:
• Write, edit, and update state-specific litigation resources in accordance with Practical Law writing style, including practice notes, checklists and standard documents explaining how to practice in state court.
• Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in Practical Law’s final review of these resources.
QualificationsCandidates must have the following skills and experience:
• At least six years’ experience working as a litigator in a law firm in the specified jurisdiction, and strong familiarity with the jurisdiction’s court rules.
• At least 75% of the candidate’s recent legal practice has been focused exclusively on civil litigation.
• Ability to perform complex legal analysis.
• Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
• A good understanding of the needs and priorities of litigators and the general legal market in the specified jurisdiction.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
• Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
• A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
o very close attention to detail and organization;
o impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
o the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
• The ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
Ideal candidates will also have the following attributes:
• Experience handling litigation files as lead attorney.
• Editorial experience on a law review or journal or with other news media.
• Published works on litigation topics, such as bar association journal articles.
• Experience writing and presenting on litigation topics for continuing legal education.
• Experience using Westlaw for legal research.
• Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work