Senior Database Engineer
2900 Westside Parkway Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
Configures, and assists in the engineering of complex technical solutions for applications/systems implementations and upgrades based on specific business requirements. Solutions may be new, existing, in-house, third party or a combination.
Researches and evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company’s products. Assists in the formulation and execution of test plans for Proof of Concepts.
Performs day-to-day administration and monitoring tasks for assigned systems. Works with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve technical system problems in a timely manner with a primary focus on complex problems.
Meets with development, QA and product teams to provide high-level analysis of product.
Performs other duties as required.
• BS or equivalent work experience required
Job Related Experience:
• Basic understanding of enterprise software topologies including agile development, DevOps methodologies and continuous development and integration concepts (CD/CI)
• College level experience of Microsoft .Net based environments.
• Conceptual understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and IIS.
• Basic understanding of network topologies and protocols.
• Experience supporting Java applications is a plus.
• Ability to understand cloud solutions preferred.
• Good understanding of virtualization.
• Limited travel may be required (less than 5%)
• MCSA or MCSE certification is a plus.