Senior Billing Analyst
Rockville, Maryland 20850
Act as a primary Finance contact with systems and development teams to assist in the requirements, design, testing and implementation of new billing/accounts receivable systems and modifications to existing Billing/AR systems. Provide Quality Control testing related to new billing/AR systems and modifications to existing Billing/AR systems. Work directly with business lines and other departments within the company to 1) determine pricing on new products and services, 2) evaluate the impact on Finance accounting procedures/processes, 3) implement new pricing/fee changes, and 4) implement changes to taxation relates to services provided
Essential Job Functions:
- Liaison between Finance-Accounting billing/collections/AR operations teams and development team as it relates to modifications to billing and accounts receivable systems.
- Works with the development team to understand new requirements or revised requirements pertaining to the billing/AR systems
- Understands current billing/AR system capabilities and department workflow to offer input to discussions related to how new requirements can be accomplished.
- Ensure compliance with SOX guidelines and accounting controls during the design, development and implementation process.
- Discusses scheduling and system design issues with development staff. Works closely with development staff to resolve problems related to programming specifications or requirements.
- Reviews technical reports and instructional manuals that document program development.
- Assists in rolling out core system changes.
- Reconciles billing/AR system records to various operations systems’ researches and resolves variances as it relates to systems implementations
- Updates billing systems related to pricing changes, new pricing structures and tax updates
- Assures that current processes and procedures, and related information about modifications to system are accurately documented
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Business Administration required
- 2 - 5 years related work experience
- Demonstrated analytical work with attention to accuracy and detail, and experience with on-line automated systems
- Strong working knowledge of billing and accounts receivable functions/operations and financial reporting systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstration of exceptional customer service skills
- Proficiency with personal computer and spreadsheet software, including Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Access
- Must have experience using MS Access-including using Access to query databases such as SQL server
- Experience with using data from Oracle Databases is a plus
- Must be comfortable building and running data queries and providing results to users
- Must be able to perform V-look Ups and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Project Management experience/skills are a plus