SQL Developer (Sybase -> Oracle Conversion)
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Voca Technology has immediate openings available for SQL Developers on a Sybase to Oracle Conversion working out of your choice of Charlotte, NC or Frederick, MD.
Voca connects professionals in Technology with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support. We look forward to hearing from you.
Notes from the Team:
The project is currently underway, with 6,500 stored Sybase T-SQL procs to be converted to Oracle PL/SQL procs by the end of 2019.
The retirement system is a complex suite of applications comprised of 24 databases, 3,000 database tables and 6,500 stored procedures all hosted in Sybase ASE 16. We are migrating to ORACLE 12c on EXADATA. We have over 40 TB of data and performance can be an issue. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly be able to analyze and understand the existing Sybase stored procedures and data models for the various subject matter areas. This is not just a simple translation, but a complex transformation taking Sybase code and creating optimal Oracle code. Oracle’s SQL Developer tool is not capable of correctly translating the code nor is it capable of creating optimal code. The ideal developer will understand code patterns, be able to identify those patterns in our code and translate them to efficient ORACLE code that meets all SLAs.
- 5-7 years working with T-SQL
- 5-7 years working the PL/SQL
- 3-5 years tuning PL/SQL with knowledge at the expert level
- Basic understanding of Oracle EBR is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret business requirements and prepare technical documents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor and assistance.
- Knowledge of big data a plus.
- Retirement domain expertise is a plus (e.g. practical knowledge of how a retirement plan/401k/etc. works)
Voca: The Spirit of Work