Retail Pharmacy Technician
500 Harvard St. SE Minneapolis, MN 55455
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Retail Pharmacy Technician professionals in Minneapolis, MN! If you are interested, please send your resume to Elizabeth Merrill at firstname.lastname@example.org and call directly at 952-303-8123.
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Receive prescriptions from patients and gather appropriate information per department policy.
- Assist in the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies as assigned, including counting, pouring and labeling prescriptions.
- Verify insurance and resolve issues in a manner that will serve the customer’s needs.
- Address third party prescription questions, which may include prior authorizations, vacation supplies, dose changes, price check and drug utilization review.
- Process new and refill prescriptions in the computer system quickly and accurately; including entering refill authorization requests, and entering and calculating complex prescriptions such as compounds and injectables.
- Respond to internal and external customer questions and concerns in a professional and customer-focused manner.
- Perform under the direction of the Pharmacist to assist with identifying and resolving patient specific medication related issues in the patient’s best interest.
- Provide training to new and current staff on areas of expertise including computer/software, insurance plans and problems that may occur, customer service, and other processes.
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, prepare drug therapy for patients in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with all legal requirements, regulatory agencies and company Policy.
- Pharmacy technician experience, is preferred.
- Data entry and insurance adjudication experience.
- Current or pending registration by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy,
- IF first registered on/after 1/1/2013, THEN completion of:
- MNBOP approved employer based training program -OR-
- Vocational/Technical training program is required.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages