Respiratory Care Practitioner
9200 West Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53226
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Respiratory Care Practitioner professionals in Milwaukee, WI!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- A Respiratory Care Practitioner performs designated Respiratory Care and Pulmonary diagnostic procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures by the department and hospital in the treatment management control diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
- The Respiratory Care services include but are not limited to the following activities performed upon physician order:
- Therapeutic treatment and diagnostic testing performed with use of medical gases and equipment environmental control systems humidification and aerosols;
- Administration of medications to the cardiopulmonary system
- ventilatory support including maintenance and management of life support systems;
- Bronchopulmonary clearance and breathing exercises;
- Patient education; cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Maintenance of natural and artificial airways.
- These procedures are performed in critical care and non-critical care areas on patients of all ages.
- Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission vision and values of Clinic's Health System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of worked or educational clinical experience in both general and critical care is required.
- Current State of Wisconsin License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) is required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) is required.
- New graduates have 6 months from date of hire to obtain this credential. Staff hired prior to July 1 2002 are grandfathered into this job code/position number.
- All other staff must maintain an active RRT credential.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within 6 months of hire.
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) and Wisconsin Society for Respiratory Care (WSRC) membership is preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care program is required.
- Minimum education is Associates Degree
- 3x12hr Nocs shift
- every other or every third weekend
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work