Registered Respiratory Therapist
Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with our client provides assessment, treatment and monitoring of hospital patients with cardiopulmonary compromise and provides support for the equipment necessary for the care of these patients.
- The RRT conducts a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and is a technical and educational resource for patients, family members, and other members of the patient care team.
- The RRT participates in the Hospital Respiratory Consult Service providing specialized assessment and treatment determination.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general floor assignments, critical care, bronchoscopy assists, emergency room, code team, ECGs and more.
- The RRT must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span.
- The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is required.
- This is a 13-week assignment 2 therapists are needed for days 6:00-18:30, with some weekends and potential on call.
- 2 therapists are needed for nights 18:00-6:30 am, with some weekends and potential on call.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
- Graduation from an accredited program of study in Respiratory Therapy required.
- Current Arizona Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License required. Must be credentialed through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or Canadian Board of Respiratory Care (CBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Basic Life Support Certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date.
- Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) Competency. ACLS education must be completed within one year of hire and maintained thereafter.
- Arizona Respiratory Care Practitioner License Required- Must be credentialed through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or Canadian Board of Respiratory Care (CBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - BLS Required,- ACLS education must be completed within one year of hire.
- Hospital experience preferred. Must have completed all respiratory critical care competencies in addition to hospital floor competencies.
- Must be flexible to work hospital hours including weekends, holidays, and rotating on-call schedule when needed.
- Must be able to adapt well and calmly to unpredictable situations in all hospital care settings.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, strong patient assessment skills, and strong computer skills.