300 Santana Row, Suite 300 San Jose, California 95128
Voca Professional has immediate openings available for Recruiter professionals in San Jose, CA!
Voca connects professionals with fantastic companies nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
The Recruiter provides assistance to managers in the evaluation and planning for their current and future staffing needs; prepares and processes requisitions; places ads; conducts special searches; screens and interviews candidates, determines offers, start dates and finalizes the onboarding process.
The Recruiter consults with Compensation to determine appropriateness of job classification, job level, and pay for new hires and reclassification of existing employees. This position updates and maintains all recruiting related records and data bases.
The Recruiter will communicate and administer company-wide human resources policies, procedures, programs, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements. This role coordinates and assists with the planning and execution of a broad range of HR programs.
• Assists managers in identifying and developing planning strategies for their staffing needs; replacement positions, future expansions and/or organizational changes
• Coaches and assists managers through all aspects of the recruiting process including screening applicants, interviewing, establishing the salary and negotiating the offer, requirements related to immigration, relocations, background checks, on-boarding, etc.
• Develops internal and external sources to identify qualified job candidate such as going to career fairs, college campuses, professional meetings, conducting direct mail campaigns, etc.
• Monitors and manages incoming requisitions for completeness, approval signatures, correct job codes and that there is a current and relevant job description for the position
• Performs all other staffing related duties such as processing of forms, preparation and processing of employee change transactions, approval of offers, bonuses, expenditures or any processing or pay exceptions.
• Serves as a resource to internal applicants regarding employment opportunities and general employment information such as the application process or qualification criteria
• Provides proactive guidance by understanding client organization and mission
• Works with Compensation to review all new positions to determine the appropriate classification, level and pay rate
• Coordinates the overall university recruitment function for the organization in conjunction with input from operational leaders
• Coordinate and manage the Employee Referral Program (ERP)
• Review processes and process documentation and work as part of a team to recommend process improvements, automation opportunities, system improvements, cost savings and customer service initiatives
• Provide explanation, interpretation and/or guidance to employees and managers regarding the administrative activities related to HR programs, policies and procedures
• Serve as the escalation point for questions or issues related to recruiting transactions and/processes of a nonstandard nature
• Conduct research (e.g. policy interpretation, terms and conditions, etc.) and respond to client or seek management approval
• Assist employees with general employee questions
• Support HR team initiatives as needed
• Compile HR Metrics
• Maintain current knowledge of industry regulations, requirements and trends
• Responsible for driving the Client's culture through values and customer service standards
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to apply judgment and make sound decisions
• Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues
• Ability to research and identify the appropriate prescribed response to customer inquiries
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Ability to solve problems in a customer-focused environment
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing across all levels and backgrounds
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility and HR
• Knowledge of principles and methods of recruiting, candidate screening and interviewing
• Knowledge of HR systems and software applications
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
• Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work