Rancho Mirage, California 92270
- This position is responsible for checking in and out the patients electronically, appointment scheduling, collecting fees and scanning paper work completed by patients.
- This positions reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
- Prepare the Front Office work area on a daily basis for patient arrivals.
- Proper physician’s names are displayed for the day. Responsible for dealing with patients that deliver Disability forms to be completed by out office.
- Assure that they are logged into the computer under the patient’s account for tracking purposes.
- Assist patients with review of demographic information; obtain any new information necessary, i.e. insurance, change of addresses, etc.
- Check out patients and make the proper return appointments as noted on the encounter form by the physician.
- Collect any co-payment and/or any other fees that are due, as designated by the Billing Department.
- Scan and index all new patient information, HIPAA forms, insurance cards or any other pertinent information provided by the patient to out office.
- Assist in the indexing of all other electronic files. Balance cash box, payments received by check or credit card, at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Account for all encounters forms printed. Lock up all payments received at the end of the day, deposit cash in separate safe.
- Liaison between patients and back office staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Some Medical Career Courses.
- Required: Computer and telephone experience, Medical or general Front Office experience, 2 years minimum, excellent customer service.
- Preferred: Medical Front Office and/or Medical Career College degree, knowledge of all types of insurance.