42009 Victory Lane, North Spring Behavioral Health (NSB) Leesburg, VA 20176
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel or local Mental Health/Behavioral Health/Psychiatric (Psych) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Leesburg, VA! If interested please email Ashley at email@example.com
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-288-5260.
- Mental Health nurses specialize in treating patients with mental health issues, including clinical depression, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder. They work closely with a treatment team to assist patients and their families to treat mental illness. Some psych floors/wards are only short-term or outpatient and work with low-risk patients. Others are temporary or sometimes have permanent residents who need to be in a controlled environment.
- Position Purpose: The Registered Nurse is responsible for planning, directing, implementing, & evaluating all aspects of nursing care for patients. Responsible for ensuring nursing services are provided in accordance with Nursing STANDARDS of Care & the Interdisciplinary Plan of Treatment. Key Responsibilities: 1. Responsible for nursing care based on the nursing process & in compliance with facility policies & procedures. 2. Monitors, reports, & documents the patients’ behavior & physiological status. 3. Administers medications & performs treatments/procedures in compliance with facility & nursing services, policies, & procedures. 4. Guides the response to residents who are behaviorally out of control or who may be experiencing a medical or behavioral crisis in collaboration with the nurse manager & physician. 5. Reports accurately & concisely to oncoming shifts regarding conditions of patients . 6. Cover assigned duties & responsibilities both RTC & Acute Psychiatric Services as needed. Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Good verbal & written skills, ability to rotate shifts & programs as necessary, ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information. Must consistently exhibit mental & emotional ability to underst& & perform the essential functions of the job. Physical Requirements. Must be able to lift & carry up to 50 pounds; 80-90% of the time the incumbent is st&ing, walking, kneeling, reaching while working with residents. Requires full range of body motion including h&ling & physical restraint of residents. Ability to perform CPR & First Aid. Exposure Categories: Blood borne disease exposure category: Category I Required: Graduate of accredited school of nursing Licensed by a state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact as a Registered Nurse BLS/CPR certification Prefer experience with children & adolescents in psychiatric facility or rehabilitation program. Highly Desired: HWC (will train)
- Skills: BLS certification - Required Current RN license to practice in the state of VA - Required Experience in a behavioral health/psychiatric healthcare facility - minimum of 1 year - Required Graduate of accredited school of nursing - Required Handle with Care (HWC) - will train during orientation - Required Prefer experience with children & adolescents in psychiatric facility or rehabilitation program - Desired Travel experience - minimum of 1 year - Required
Education: ASN required
- 8 hour shifts (11p-7:30p),
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work