RN EXTENDED AD/DIP
211 2nd St NW Rochester, Minnesota 55901
Voca has an immediate opening available for a Regsitered Nurse (Extended AD/DIP) in Rochester, MN!
- Temp To Hire
- 80 hours/2 weeks.
- 8 hour shifts/every other weekend.
- Nights 10 pm-6:30 am.
- Short Term Rehab provides skilled care for rehabilitation and recovery following hospitalization.
- Common skilled care needs include sound care, IV antibiotics, PT/OT and other therapy following orthopedic, cardiac or neuro hospitalizations
- Scanned copy of current BLS Certificate MUST be included with submittal for this role
- provide the best care through practice, education, and research directs the activities of the registered nurse.
- The Nursing Process of assessing, diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing, and evaluating is the basis for all care delivered by the registered nurse.
- The registered nurse is accountable for the delivery of direct resident care and for the supervising the nursing care provided by professional and ancillary nursing personnel.
- The registered nurse assesses and plans in collaboration with the resident, family and/or significant others and the interdisciplinary health care team to meet the care, educational and discharge needs.
- Adheres to Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Nurse Practice Act.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
- Student or Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program, as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN- formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN or CCNE, at least one year of RN experience (within the last 5 years) in an applicable care setting is required.
- If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is required.
- One year of work experience in Long Term Care or Home Health or two years of acute care nursing is preferred.
- Additional Experience and/or Qualifications: (Has Achieved Competency in the Following Areas, Job Knowledge and Additional Considerations):
- Must be able to work independently.
- Requires good communication and human relation skills to interact with Health Service and staff.
- Strong problem solving skills are necessary with the ability to collect, compare, sort and prioritize information to be used in the decision making process for groups of resident and employees.
- Must be able to adapt to unpredictable situations and stress. Works flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Licensure/Certification Required:
- Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
- Midwest: Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS – certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date.
- A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
- Med/surge nursing background helpful. Knowledge of care and documentation for skilled nursing facilities requiring MDS also helpful.
Voca: The Spirit of Work