39000 Bob Hope Dr Ranch Mirage, CA 92270
Voca Health has immediate openings available for Travel Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) Registered Nurse (RN) professionals in Ranch Mirage, CA!
Voca connects Travel Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, LPNs, CNAs, and other clinical professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our travelers, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help our travelers reach their individual goals. Voca provides travelers a variety of benefits including insurance, vacation, referral bonuses, and dedicated support for active travelers.
Assignment details are provided below, we’re excited to hear from you. Interested travelers (or local candidates!) will reach out to Voca at email@example.com, 507-288-5260.
- PACU RNs provide care to patients recovering from anesthesia. They monitor vital signs after surgery and stabilize the patient as they become conscious. They also help manage pain for the patients.
- There are two phases in the PACU.
- Phase I PACU is where patients are sent immediately after surgery. The average stay here is one hour. Patients are kept here until any breathing issues are remedied and vital signs are stabilized. Once pain is under control and they are mostly awake, they will be sent to another unit in the hospital to recover, or if they are an outpatient, they will go to Phase II PACU.
- Phase II PACU has patients rest in a chair, usually have a small snack and walk up and down the hallway. From here they are discharged and sent home. Some PACU RNs will also assist and prep the patient before surgery.
- Job Objective:
The staff nurse provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of health care services to the specific patient population. The staff nurse assesses patients needs, plans care, implements and evaluates patient care in accordance with the patient’s needs based on the nurses knowledge of growth/development, the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards. He/she demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. Position may require working at alternate sites.
Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments:
1. Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected timeframe.
2. Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
4. Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
5. Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
• CLINICAL/PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
1. Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
2. Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
3. Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
4. Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
5. Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
1. Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
2. Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
3. Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
4. Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks “How may I help you?”
5. Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
• HEALING ENVIRONMENT
1. Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
2. Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
3. Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
0. Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
1. Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
1. Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
2. Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently. Helps others during slow periods.
3. Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
4. Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.
1. Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Assesses, utilizing age specific data, the patient’s physical, psychosocial, and spiritual status in a comprehensive manner.
• Demonstrates accurate assessment skills, appropriate to the age of the patient, based on scientific facts and principles.
• Performs initial assessment and completes required documentation within organizational standards.
• Performs and documents ongoing assessments including observation, physical examination, laboratory/test results, and patient response to procedural intervention.
• Participates in the identification and clarification of patient needs, as evidenced by participation in multidisciplinary care planning, to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
• Reviews and revises plan of care according to change in patient’s status.
• Completes patient classification for assigned patients as required.
3. Implements plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs.
• Implements and utilizes the Relationship-Based Care Professional Practice Model as the guide to all interactions between patients, families, co-workers, staff, physicians, and self.
• Completes patient care assignments in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures of clinical area.
• Prioritizes nursing interventions commensurate with patient’s needs.
• Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills through the presentation of pertinent information using the SBAR format as appropriate.
• Assists other staff in the delivery of patient care, as appropriate.
4. Incorporates patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
• Provides, evaluates retention of, and documents education to the patient/family/significant other according to organizational standards.
• Coordinates and documents appropriate discharge planning and referrals to ensure continuity of care after discharge.
5. Recognizes, accepts responsibility for, and maintains commitment to professional development and clinical competency.
• Attends required professional development sessions and staff meetings. If unable to attend, review minutes or discuss proceedings of meetings with peers or managers.
• Identifies personal knowledge deficits and seeks resources/consultation to ensure safe patient care.
• Utilizes all channels of communication including reading organizational email at least once a week, to obtain knowledge, transmit information, address concerns, and solve problems.
• Embraces change and continuously identifies opportunities for improvement by demonstrating a commitment to utilizing evidence based practice.
6. Articulates knowledge and actively participates in nursing practice quality initiatives.
• Incorporates performance improvement recommendations into daily practice.
• Accepts accountability and participates in problem-solving issues related to quality patient care outcomes.
7. Shares knowledge and acts as a professional resource to other members of the health care team.
• Supports and participates in Unit Based Council initiatives.
• Contributes to professional growth of peers by providing feedback through peer coaching and evaluation.
• Strives to be a life-long learner continuing to enroll and complete classes and courses to advance and increase new clinical knowledge.
8. Complies with divisional and unit specific matrices.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 12 hr shifts with the following start times: 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 with no set schedule.
*Call requirements listed below
*Upcoming holidays are required
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Paid Vacation Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
- Generous Housing Stipends
- Housing Location Assistance
- Excellent Referral Bonuses
Voca: The Spirit of Work