RN- Clinic Doc Integrity
1025 Marsh Street Mankato, Minnesota 56001
Voca Health has immediate openings available for RN-Clinic Doc Integrity professionals in Mankato, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- The Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Specialist is accountable for reviewing patient medical records throughout hospitalization to capture accurate representation of the severity of illness and facilitate proper coding.
- The CDI Specialist validates that coding reflects medical necessity of services and facilitates appropriate coding which provides an accurate reflection and reporting of the severity of the patient's illness along with expected risk of mortality and complexity of care.
- Documentation of discharge diagnoses and co-morbidities are a complete reflection of the patient's clinical status and care.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of disease processes (pathophysiology), medications, and have critical thinking skills to analyze current documentation to identify gaps. Identifies opportunities in concurrent and retrospective inpatient clinical medical documentation to support quality and effective coding.
- Understands and applies regulatory compliance related to documentation, coding and billing for all health insurance plans.
- The CDI Specialist facilitates appropriate modifications to documentation through extensive interactions and collaboration with physicians, coding, case management, nursing and other care givers.
- Serves as an effective change agent as an educator and resource for physicians and allied health staff to improve the quality and completeness of the clinical documentation.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with ethical and legal business procedures, compliant with federal and state statutes and regulations, official coding rules, guidelines and accepted standards of coding practice including appropriate clinical documentation policies.
- The American Nurses Association: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for practice of the RN.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Minimum of three years registered nursing acute care experience required, which includes depth understanding of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, and disease processes required.
- Demonstrated skills in analytical thinking, problem solving.
- Effective verbal and written communication including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively to physicians, management and other members of our healthcare team.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without close supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a creative and challenging work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends as required to meet business needs.
- Ability to travel within MCHS region and to attend external meetings is required.
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist preferred.
- National certifications in utilization review, case management, coding, and/or quality preferred.
- Knowledge of DRG, ICD-10 and CPT coding relative to physician clinical documentation within electronic medical records preferred.
- Experience in utilization review, clinical documentation, precertification, coding,
- Medicare regulations, quality assurance, or related area preferred.
- Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm. Partial weekends when needed.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work