R/Python/Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Programmer
Rochester, MN 55902
A small development team has built an application that aggregates Specimen Test Result data and provides analysis tools to compare single results against those aggregations.
Many of the tools utilize the R data analysis language. The team has lost its R resource and requires a very experienced R resource to join the team to fix some items and refactor other areas.
There is a feeling on the team that porting the system over to Python may be beneficial, so they would like to have a resource with both R and Python experience.
The platform itself is a web application built on Microsoft ASP.Net MVC, so Microsoft web development expertise would be a strong benefit.
This position will be part of a team responsible for design, development, support, maintenance, and documentation of a custom built multivariate pattern recognition web application that significantly improves the post analytical interpretation of complex metabolic profiles to provide a higher standard of patient care.
- R (required); S4 object system (preferred)
- C#, Python, or other OO language (preferred)
- Relational databases (required) and SQL Server (preferred)
- Microsoft ASP.NET & Telrik UI for MVC web applications (preferred)
- LINUX: Shell scripting (required)
- Open Source IDE such as Rstudio & visual studio (preferred)
- Source Control Management via TFS & Git (one required)
- Continuous integration through Travis CI (preferred)
- Performance optimization & code refactoring (preferred)
- Collegiate-level classical statistics (preferred)
- An understanding of medical application software (preferred)
- individual that has the ability to work independently while actively engaging in team initiatives and processes.
- In addition to the above skills, we are seeking a self-directed
- The ideal candidate would have strong analytical, organizational, communication & customer service skills and possess excellent task ownership responsibilities.
- A laboratory background would be helpful, but is not required.
- The resource must work locally to the team in Rochester.
- It would be impossible for anyone to learn this system without being located with the team.
Voca | Sr. Recruiter
t 507-288-5260 c 414-544-0668
Voca: The Spirit of Work