Voca Professional has immediate openings available for R&D Engineer professionals in St. Paul, MN!
Voca connects healthcare professionals with fantastic health systems nationwide. Our goal is full partnership with our employees, providing the tools, guidance, and opportunities to help reach their individual goals. Voca provides benefits including insurance, 401k, and dedicated support!
Assignment details are provided below, we’re very excited to hear from you!
- Participates on engineering teams in completing development projects.
- Leads small-scale design change efforts in support of continuation engineering activities.
- Completes system, analog, digital, and firmware designs. This includes setting and revising requirements and specifications, debugging, testing electrical circuits and systems, and completing documentation to ensure feasibility and verifiability of performance.
- Experienced R&D Engineer_Human Factors to apply human factors and ergonomics expertise to the definition, design, and evaluation of products within the R&D division of Electrophysiology Systems, which is part of the Atrial Fibrillation business unit.;
apply knowledge of human factors principles (human performance and limitations – perceptual, cognitive, motor skills, anthropomorphic) and techniques (knowledge acquisition, user-interface design, usability evaluation) to cardiac electrophysiology systems product development;
- 0rganize and direct the work of staff and outside consultants working on human factors tasks to effectively and efficiently support product development efforts within the organization.
- Deliverables include, but are not not limited to: Usability engineering files;
- Usability risk analyses;
- Usability testing throughout the product development process, from formative testing of early prototypes through usability validation of final designs.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other functions across the organization, including but not limited to the following;
Work with regulatory affairs to develop strategies for new product submissions, create submission packages, and respond to questions from regulatory agencies; Work with design quality to ensure that the company’s usability engineering processes and methodologies meet and surpass the latest expectations of regulatory agencies and provide tangible value for our customers and our business.
- Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for medical device human factors (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75, ISO 14971, and the latest FDA guidance on applying human factors engineering) and advice management regarding potential improvements to internal processes and regulatory issues related to human factors engineering;
- Represent in meetings with regulatory agencies, at human factors professional meetings and conferences, and as a member of standards committees.
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
- Dedicated Recruiter
- Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work